Monday, April 2, 2007

I got a job!

I finally got a job! I have been thinking about doing this for a long
time now, and I had to work through a whole bunch of mental
roadblocks (who will watch the kids, what if I get tired, what hours
could I work, what kind of work would I be willing to do, and so on),
and I finally got a job!

I just want to put in a little plug for the Law of Attraction. It
really, really works. I had been spinning my wheels for several weeks
with my job search. I either couldn't find anything that I wanted to
apply for, or I wasn't getting any response to my applications.
Finally, I sat down and wrote a little list of what kind of job I was
looking for. This was my list:

south side
evenings and weekends only
prefer Wednesday, Thursday, Friday nights, occasional weekend
prefer to work 6-midnight
minimum $12 an hour, preferably $15, for about 15-20 hours/week

I had been thinking about delivering newspapers for a while, and I
decided to just go ahead and start. The hours weren't exactly what I
wanted, but the money was reasonable, and at least I could still homeschool.

Less than one hour after I booked my training session with the
newspaper circulation guy, I was called for an interview for a
dispatcher position at a towing company. I went to the interview the
very next morning, and accepted a position the morning after that.
Guess what? All of my criteria were met PRECISELY. The office is on
the south side. The hours are reasonably compatible with what I
wanted. The training rate is $12 per hour, and the regular rate she
pays the experienced dispatchers is $15.

This type of thing has happened to me before. It makes me think that
what I ought to do is ASK FOR MORE!!!! What if I had written down
$15-$20 per hour? Or $20-$25 per hour? What if I had written down
"can work from home"? What are the possibilities?

The key to this, however, is that you are only able to attract what
you believe you can. I don't really believe that I COULD get $25 per
hour for part-time work, so I know it wouldn't have worked. What I
would have to do is work on my beliefs, and increase my faith in what
is possible, and then attract something better.

In the meantime, I am completely thrilled that I attracted exactly
what I was looking for, and I am going to enjoy it to the maximum. I
intend to stay there for one year, and in about 10 months, I going to
take my family to Disneyland!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great Correne! Good on ya mate! We need to connect so you can tell me more!

Kunoichi said...

Congratulations on finding what you wanted!

You did one other thing that was key - you *wrote down* what you wanted. It's an important step of the process that most people skip.